Digbeth First Friday – February 2015
Digbeth First Friday is back for 2015 with another jamboree of exhibitions, film, music, performance and street food.
Join us for a wander through painting exhibitions, enjoying a glass of wine while seeing sculpture in action, before walking around the award-winning Digbeth Dining Club to enjoy the start of the new street food season.
On offer this month:
- Vivid Projects: Repeator film installation, 18:00-20:00
Keith Dodds, Laurence Price and Cathy Wade present a provocation on political media with a live temporary installation of video, image and documents. Expect anything from sharks to Tupac to gimlet-eyed property developers.
- Centrala: Project Backpack exhibition opening, 19:00-22:00
Artist Adrian Platkovsky presents his project Backpack, a collection of thirty small canvases which are being displayed in 30 different places across the world.
- Stryx: Unreal Stories exhibition opening, 19:00-21:00
Stryx present the first solo exhibition of powerful new paintings and installation work by artist Anna Katarzyna Domejko.
- Home For Waifs And Strays: ERRORISM exhibition opening, 18:00-22:00
HFWAS present a new exhibition by Birmingham based artist Daniel Salisbury, who will also be launching his new album.
- Grand Union: Work in Progress exhibition opening, 18:00-20:00
Andrew Gillespie, Calum Greaney and Laurence Price will work with a larger collective of artists to make new sculptural works in response to questions such as What is material? Join us for a drink and explore their installation.
- Bread and Games: Boardgames at the Edge, 18:00-22:00
Whether you’re a domino diva, a scrabble screwball or perhaps into one of those more modern games (Carcassone, Agricola, Cards Against Humanity anyone?) you’ll find good company at The Edge.
- The Spotted Dog: The Tell-Tale Heart, 19:30 onwards
Keeping with the tradition of offering non-run-of-the-mill events and entertainment, The Spotted Dog invites you to an evening dedicated to Edgar Allan Poe.