Eye Candy Festival
Eye Candy is a free festival, showcasing illustration, art and design. Designers from across the globe will be descending onto Digbeth next week to celebrate the best of visual pop culture with one-off installations, street art, talks and performances.
Along with a number of creative workshops, visitors will witness the live creation of a large-scale mural over two days by Brothers of the Stripe, an all-male collective of illustrators. Other artists exhibiting at Eye Candy 2014 include:
- Fafi: Paris-based graphic artist
- Sam Pierpoint: UK-based illustrator and 3D paper engineer
- Daisy de Villeneuve: Illustrator and writer known for her fashion work
- Felt Mistress: UK-based textile artist and character designer
- Miss Led: Artist who features females in all their beauty
- Cachetejack: Illustration duo who paint temporary tattoos for visitors
- The Culture Cart: A pop-up art workshop and gallery
- Girls Who Draw: Female illustration collective leading screen printing workshops
- Anna Garforthh: Multi-disciplinary designer and artist
- PYMCA: Photographic agency specialising in youth culture and street art
- Column Arts Agency: A Birmingham-based agency representing creative talent from across the UK who will be producing live art.
- Muxxi: An illustrator and character designer based in Guatemala city.
- Birmingham Camera Obscura: A couple of photography enthusiasts campaigning to install a permanent camera obscura in Birmingham.
For more information, see the festival brochure below, or visit the Eye Candy Festival website.