Keep Digbeth Tidy

Digbeth Residents Association wants to help local residents to keep Digbeth a good place to live; this page serves as an information resource for common problems and how we can work together with local authorities to solve them.

Information for specific issues is given below, but you can also report problems on the Fix My Street website.

Bulky Waste

If you have any large/bulky waste items that will not fit into a wheelie bin, Birmingham City Council will collect up to six items free of charge. Please arrange this by calling 0121 303 1112. Alternatively, you can book a bulky waste collection online here.

Street Cleaning/Excess Litter

If you are not happy with street cleaning in Digbeth, please call Birmingham City Council on 0121 303 1112. You can also request extra street cleaning on council website here.


If you would like to request for graffiti to be removed, there are two numbers you can call (below). Alternatively, you can request graffiti removal online here.
Abusive graffiti: 0121 464 6008 (Calls answered 8am-8pm Monday-Friday, the graffiti should be removed within 24hrs)
Non-abusive graffiti: 0121 303 6644

Please ensure you are assigned a reference number and note this down; if the graffiti it is not removed it can then be chased.

Fire Risks

If you are concerned about the fire safety in any premises in Digbeth, please contact West Midlands Fire Service on 0121 380 7500 between the hours of 08:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday. Alternatively you can email

Please use this service to also register any unsecured buildings, or premises attracting squatters/rough sleepers, which could fall victim to an arson attack.


Birmingham City Council’s pest control service is free, excluding wasps for which there is a charge. If you have a rat in your house the council will be with you on the next working day or sooner if possible. Please note that the council do not treat mice, but can supply free mouse poison to residents to treat any mice problems you may have.

Please call 0121 303 6007 for more information, or you can report a pest problem online here.

Faulty Street Lighting

To report faulty street lighting or signage, please call Birmingham City Council on 0121 464 9176 you can also report a problem online here.

For a schedule of planned street lighting and road works in Digbeth, which is part of the Ladywood Constituency, please click here (PDF file download).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *