When: Friday 18th October, from 20:00
Where: The Spotted Dog, 104 Warwick Street, Digbeth, B12 0NH
Seamus Heaney was an Irish poet, playwright, translator and lecturer, and the recipient of the 1995 Nobel Prize in Literature, who died earlier this year.
To commemorate his life and work, The Spotted Dog will host an evening of poetry, music, song and film this Friday. The legendary Paul Murphy will provide music, along with a group of traditional musicians.
Anyone attending the event is welcome to share their favourite passages. Confirmed so far are:
- Rosie Pocklington – Excerpt from Casualty
- Matt Fitzpatrick – Docker
- Maura Fitzpatrick – Requiem for the Croppies
- Louise Palfreyman – Bye-Child
- Sarah Bartlett – Beowulf Excerpt
- Maura Judges – TBC
- James Fair – Digging
- Chris Amies – Bone Dreams
- Mary Ellen Flynn – Blackberry Picking
- Brendan O’Neill – Mid-term Break